ECW reading list

  • 'By the Sword Divided', John Adair, (Century Publishing)
  • 'Decisive Battles of the English Civil War', Malcolm Wanklyn, (Pen & Sword)
  • 'Sir Ralph Hopton's Narrative', ed C.E.H. Chadwyck Healey, (Somerset Record Society)

Thursday 5 April 2012

After some time....

Someone once said, and I'm not sure of the exact words, that invention was 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Well painting a wargames army is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration, and the inspiration that awakened my desire to revisit my ECW stuff, has to be credited to Olddorg's website (themetalmountain.blogspot.co.uk). His work on some ECW stuff has to be seen to be believed. With a small alteration (using devlan mud wash instead of oil paint) using his undercoating technique has given me a new lease of life. So without further ado, here is my offering for the start of Hopton's Horse.



Bases and standard yet to be undertaken.

1 comment:

  1. I agree but I think you over-stated the inspiration phase! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete