ECW reading list

  • 'By the Sword Divided', John Adair, (Century Publishing)
  • 'Decisive Battles of the English Civil War', Malcolm Wanklyn, (Pen & Sword)
  • 'Sir Ralph Hopton's Narrative', ed C.E.H. Chadwyck Healey, (Somerset Record Society)

Thursday 9 September 2010

‘As faultless a person as I ever knew man’ (Clarendon)

Hmmn, what is it they say about the best laid plans? Somewhere at the end of May, my great plan went to blazes. A burst of family illness meant that I spent the majority of the next few monthe either travelling, or preparing to travel, as a result my plan fell to pieces.
However, finally Strodes Regiment of Foote is completed, and photographs have been taken. Bad photographs admittedly, but for the moment they will have to suffice.

So, with two foot regiments completed, one royalist and one parliamentarian, I think I shall now turn to the 'Horse' (cavalry) and have a stab at Hopton's own Regiment of Horse, commanded by Lord Digby (one of King Charles' favourites). But next the man, Sir Ralph Hopton, himself.


1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your blog - it's fantastic! Some super paint work too.

    I look forward to seeing more.
    Consul

    http://blackpowdergaming.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete